Tuesday, February 2

So I've been thinking about brokenness. Being broken, a broken people. There's an obvious comment – that we're all broken, not functioning exactly as we should due to crap. That whole original sin thing that has snowballed and now affects everything. My brokenness exists due to selfishness, arrogance, ignorance, too much freedom, too much comfort. Not by dictators, lack of education, poor hygiene, and lack of food.

As a blanket statement, these people are broken on a large scale - their spirit, their abilities, their pride, their economy. Maybe losing wars does that to you, I don't know. The US always seems to dominate the wars I've known in my lifetime. So the people are broken, but is each person? Or maybe I'm thinking on it backwards – is the whole people broken b/c each person is personally broken somehow? How did they get THIS broken? I hope this doesn't sound arrogant of me. You have to see it. Ironically, I do know that to fix this population, and the others like it that are struggling - one person, one family at a time or else you'll be overwhelmed. Wow, that's a big vision....

Here's the frustration I see - government's callousness or perpetuation of it. They're charging people to fix it, and then either taking the credit or pulling the plug. Do you know how many lives would be saved by simply installing “piped water” to the populated areas?! It is what it is.

Final thought: if these people were never hurting, I would never know what it was like to give of myself and help. How can someone learn to serve if no one is ever suffering? Could this explain some of the reason for suffering?

3 comments:

  1. That's funny-ironic ... I've been thinking of the same thing. Only for me, it's in terms of how good it is to know that despite the degree of brokeness, there is grace there. It's been an amazing self-journey as I really flesh that all out. :) Coincidence that we're both thinking about this???? I think not! :)

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori
    Dale Carson here. We have about 8 inches of snow on the ground and it's still coming down.
    You're parents had some amish loggers using a team of mules to cut some of their walnut trees. Pretty interesting to watch.
    School is out here due to the snow.
    Everybody is doing fine up the sycamore holler.
    I enjoy you blog.
    Dale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, As a parent i feel my mistakes have led to some brokenness in my children. God showed me one day that if there were no brokenness, there would be no need for Him. I can't imagine the brokenness you are seeing, but taking it one person at a time is a good idea of how to deal with it so you don't get overwhelmed.
    Love you,
    Aunt vicki

    ReplyDelete