Saturday, June 19

Its a nice, cool rainy day here and I'm killing time until I go to teach English at a local school. I don't really enjoy it, being up in front of 40 kids, but I committed to teach for a month and I get $4, so I'll fulfill that commitment.

My lack of blogging has been due to sheer busy-ness, but also a lack of ability to adequately process and share how things are going. Words can't describe the frustration, and the joy, and day to day emotions. They say that culture shock comes in waves, and lately I'm almost silenced by my newest observations and questions. Its just so different that what I'm used to, and what I've agreed was normal for 30 years. Its funny that I can hold so tight to 1 universal truth at the same time all the other truths I've known are challenged....

Its a fun process... to be stretched and challenged...

Let me say, too, that the work itself is still good. Amazing. I can't help but feel that some things need revised and adjusted since they started years ago, and we'll meet about those things later. The team I've joined doesn't communicate well at all, so we'll see, hopefully soon, how we can clear the air and get better since we're all called here for a central purpose.

4 more teams coming in back to back to back soon... so expect a void in blogging... again :)

Below is a shot of the school we just slept and worked at, cementing the inside of a rainwater collection tank, and the lines to pass cement buckets to pour the flooring.



1 comment:

  1. Growth can be painful and frustrating and mind-boggling... someone reminded me of that when I was going through a particularly crappy part of my growth process. I resented the whole implications of that statement, but it's true. Much as I HATED to admit it. THinking about you!!! Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete