Sunday, November 21

Nov 20: I've been in country for a year. Its so cliche, but the time really has flown by. And I'm wondering if maybe its because the sun goes down every day by 6:30 and I sleep more than I usually did :)

Our time out in the villages last week was yet another growing experience with a few teaching moments and a few divine appointments. We delivered 8 more water filters and have orders for 14 more! We added a new teaching locale for adults about halfway down the street of the village, and they really seemed to like our discussion about what germs were and how to prevent them from entering your body. When Sua originally asked about prevention, one man answered that you should build a fence. I don't know if he meant literally or figuratively and the rest got lost in translation, but its a good idea for a visual aid I think we'll draw up next week.

We also added a new teaching site for kids at one of the more welcoming houses, and our dynamic duo of Da and Sua taught the dental lesson while Daly and I went to collect water filter payments. We weren't sure how many kids would show up since it was our first time, but 26 came! The other kids locale after lunch had over 40! Our attention to the widows, sick, and children first has been a key factor, I feel, in our favor and success in Prake Chruk so far. Christ mentioned them by group as folks to be sure to help, and they're definitely the most fragile and numerous here.

We met a lady while doing arsenic awareness, Ming Om, who asked us Who we believed in and Daly answered that all 4 on our team are Christians and we do this because we love people. Om said she had a Bible once and really enjoyed reading it - she had peace and was not scared of evil spirits, but she read it so much she forgot to cook dinner for her husband and he threw it away. She asked if we could tell her any more about it when we have time. Next week we'll eat lunch at her house and see what we can share.

My earnest prayer today was for Prake Chruk and Bentay Dike villages to have the same physical health and spiritual peace that I have... to not worry about tomorrow... to not fear evil spirits and death... to know they're loved.





No comments:

Post a Comment