Monday, March 4

The last time I posted I said I had 4 things on my heart but refused to write a novel... so here's the next.

I have a sweet sweet peace and confidence that I didn't have before necessarily. To move to a new place, new culture, new problems, (new random illnesses!) can be more than overwhelming. Even though I do love it here, lack of familiarity is something that causes a great void, a weight that you can't shake and affects much of your being. Over the course of the first 2.5 year stint I made many acquaintances, and one or two strained friendships. Strained because of my lack of language, and our lack of proximity to hang out.

Now that I'm back and in a new part of the neighborhood, my friendship with Pov (Yien's wife, for those of you that know him) is something I cling to. Its something that makes me breathe easier, and cry less.
eating some kind of coconut milk wonderfulness!

We talk laundry, food prices, hair, relationship with God, weight loss dreams, and love. Just life. I pop in (now that they're 2 doors down from me) and THEY pop in, which means I've truly arrived! We laugh and cry together. We pray together too. Tonight is her daughter's birthday dinner, and tomorrow I'm learning to make these little fried eggroll things. And my heart is happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment