Wednesday, November 12

The other day sitting on my back porch praying about work - wondering and "complaining" just a bit about all this free time - I got one of the quickest answers ever. Almost audibly the Lord told me to get out there! Sit with folks! Talk to folks! Prayer walk! Mingle!

(profound, I know)

For a few days I'd been uncontentedly content to sleep in, work out, do language lessons, take a nap, read 2 books, take evening jobs, and watch some JAG DVDs mom brought me. Not self pity but a definite lack of motivation. And we're all entitled to that for a short time. A SHORT time. Heck, maybe I just took a short vacation without leaving home!

Fast forward 1 day after my desire for upswing - my landlord came over and said she just felt like she was supposed to pray with me.  YES.

3 days ago Kop and Tiang called me to come eat with them. YES. He's a guy that get's on a role and I just nod a lot while my legs fall asleep sitting on the wooden floor of his rented old house. If I move too much to regain blood flow I nearly fall through a hole or a weak board. But I loved it. It was edifying, and outside my 4 walls, and social, and we parted having grown closer by talking about the Lord.

Here's their son Bunheng (who likes to talk in 3rd person) doing his alphabet lesson while we talked.


2 days ago I finally found the right people to help me with my language lessons after hit and miss attempts for weeks. YES. One is the daughter of Noy - they guys folks have prayed for for 14 years that he would quit drinking- and another neighbor I always wanted to get to know but haven't. I like them. Hopefully friendships and iron sharpening iron will occur alongside the language.

1 day ago Wendi and I took a walk and talked with everyone we knew and most of the ones we didn't too. YES.

And today I hung out in front of the temple at the snack stand getting to know folks (even encouraged one lady to build a toilet for her family!) and sippin on the best coconuts in Asia!  YES.




Work like it depends on you and pray like it depends on God. - Batterson   We make a good team.


No comments:

Post a Comment