Today might've been the best day yet simply because I got to do what I alone wanted to do. And not that I didn't want to do what I've previously done, but I spent the whole day going over the language books and study guides given to me. I recopied a few things, read the introductions and tips in another, marked which words I would like to know eventually.... and I did it all in SHORTS in my own home! I forgot how wonderful shorts were after wearing pants and capris for 2 weeks. It was good.
I took a break at lunch to jump on the internet and return a few emails, then back to my house and more reading. Again, at 5:00, from my window, I saw a herd of cattle heading back up the road, done with another day of grazing. And even now, through the noise of 2 fans, I can hear the music starting for the baby shower for Nary. Cambodians are funny people – I don't know if its for show or what but they sure like their music up loud. Last night when my neighbors were selecting music, my entire house was vibrating. Entire businesses are built around people renting blue chairs and large speakers for their weddings, parties, showers, and funerals.
Last week I posted the 2 things I don't like so far? This week, here's what I do like: loud music, friendliness, no city lights impeding watching the stars, little old women with no teeth, walking almost everywhere, flip flops, and fresh fruit every day. And I'm sure my list will grow.
And what about live chickens in your living room? Which list is that one on? :)
ReplyDeleteoooo are the stars pretty?! I went to trooper island once and there wasn't any light pollution so the sky was gorgeous at night. It looked all dusty. There were soooo many more than i could usually see!
ReplyDelete